3d printer rebuild

It started the way these things usually start, you decide to upgrade a part and then one thing leads to another which leads to another which leads to another…  In this case I wanted to have a vat that was easier to remove from the printer so that it was easier to clean the vat, drain the resin and replace the vat floor when needed. The only problem is if you change the vat design you have to change the tilt assemblies vat mounting hardware to accommodate  the new vat design. I decided that since I was going to change the tilt assemblies vat mounting hardware, which was a considerable change to the assembly anyway, I might as well go on and change the vat tilt assembly itself to an improved design I had been thinking about. Of course since I was going to change the vat and tilt assembly I figured I might as well change the build plate release and leveling hardware which I hadn’t been totally satisfied with and since I was going to go to all the trouble of upgrading the build plate release and leveling I might as well change the build plate to aluminum . However, by changing the vat tilt assembly I changed the relationship between the build plate and the vat so I needed to change the z axis carriage assembly. Oh yes, I also needed to change the projector mount because after the other changes the projector no longer lined up with the vat.  Since I was changing everything anyway I also changed the step motor drivers to better step/direction drivers (which of course forced me to rewrite my arduino software to work with the new motor drivers).

All in all I think it turned out pretty well.

 

3d printer rebuild

dlp projector 3d printer rebuild

I will be posting build details in a day or two.

HL

 

This entry was posted in 3d printing. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *